Zip across town on Rolley Scooterson, an easy-to-ride smart scooter that learns how you ride!
Rolley raised $149,882 on its first day live on Indiegogo thanks to LaunchBoom’s high-performance pre-campaign leads. In this article, we’re going to break down how Rolley went through our system to easily break six figures on Day 1.
Messaging & Positioning
The very first thing we do when bringing a new project into our system is figure out how we want to position the product to the market.
During this phase, our Strategy Team went through extensive competitor research to establish what really makes Rolley unique. Through this research, we came up with four main messaging angles that we wanted to test:
- Fun to Ride: Riding e-scooters is all about having fun. Rolley’s colorful design and easy-riding technology make it more fun than anything else on the market.
- Eco-Friendly: Electric scooters are an environmentally friendly way to get around, compared to driving a large car or SUV a couple of blocks. Green tech is also a strong vertical in the crowdfunding community, so we hypothesized this position would resonate strongly with our key customers.
- Easy, Convenient Technology: Technology should make your life easier, and Rolley embodies that philosophy. It’s powered by Artificial Intelligence that learns how you ride and will adjust acceleration according to your motion and riding patterns. Your phone is also Rolley’s key and on-scooter dashboard!
- Safety: Rolley’s large tires, low center of gravity, and auto-balancing technology make it so easy to use that anyone can ride it. The app also comes with anti-theft features and location tracking.
After we identified what made Rolley special, we focused on developing our customer personas, or what kind of audiences would want to buy this the most?
Our thorough research pointed us to these four audiences:
- Scooter Users
- Sustainable Technologies
- Crowdfunding & Early Tech Adopters
Our Strategy Team determined that these would be the audiences that would resonate the most with our messaging. These become the best core users to test our ads and landing pages out on before scaling out to larger audiences.
Testing With Our Reservation Funnel
Once we have our initial strategy developed, the next thing is to test it through our custom Landing Page and Reservation Funnel to optimize our ad creative to get the best lead intent (measured by Cost per Lead) and purchase intent (measured by Cost per Reservation).
Here’s what our funnel looks like:
The ultimate goal of the reservation is to get the user to put down a $1 deposit to reserve the product before you launch. Why? Because those that put down $1 to reserve the product before a launch are 30x more likely to buy.
Scaling Our Best Assets With Proprietary Audiences
Through extensive testing on different ad creative and landing pages, we ended up with the following best ad and landing page designs:
Once we tested out what was driving the most traffic and converting the most leads and reservations, we pressed on the gas by increasing our budget and bringing in one of our most valuable advertising assets–our proprietary crowdfunding backer lists.
LaunchBoom has worked on hundreds of crowdfunding campaigns and has the email lists of millions of crowdfunding backers from those campaigns. Segmenting those users by product category and creating lookalike audiences of them is an extremely powerful way to target high-quality users you can’t find just through Facebook’s normal interest targeting mechanics.
Lookalike audiences are audiences that Facebook creates by leveraging information such as demographics, interests and behaviors from your existing customers to find new people who share similar qualities. When you use a lookalike audience, your ad is delivered to that audience of people who are similar to (or “look like”) your existing customers.
Implementing Our Learnings Into a High-Performance Campaign Page
The last step in making sure our campaign was set up for success was to build all of our learnings into a campaign page that would resonate with our list and convert the most backers.
First, we put our best-performing Landing Page Headline at the very top of the campaign page.
Then, we structured the rest of the page in order of what features got the best engagement from our leads.
Once we finally launched the campaign on September 28, 2021, we blasted the campaign link to our pre-campaign list. This generated a massive raise of $149,882 on the first day!
Breaking six figures on Day 1 is a huge win, and really helps to create tons of momentum and organic traffic from Indiegogo’s community when everyone on the site sees what a great start Rolley is off to. The best part of it all: still 30 more days left of potential funding!
Are you looking to launch a product soon? Get in touch with us so we can learn more about you and your new product!